Nau mai haere mai, we are really excited to extend a hoe/paddle to join Mana Rangatahi, a youth tribe & leadership waka for people from all ethnicities and backgrounds aged between 18-24 years of age.
Mana Rangatahi (MR) is a youth programme (aged 18-24yrs) developed in January 2020 by Heidi Renata, Co-founder and CEO of INNOV8HQ based on frameworks adapted from Mātauranga Māori.
MR applies a whole-person approach focusing on re-establishing life skills and aligning these with life, career ambitions and related skill pathways. Rangatahi are introduced to critical thinking and resilience practice for the modern world of mahi, work.
The foundation element of the MR programme is the Ko wai au? | Who am I? framework. This deep process enables participants to unlock their cultural identity, fears, innate ambitions and natural capabilities as they consider future pathways. The programme enables participants to identify and co-design their personal brand/identity, alongside contribution from their peers to pursue one of four pathways, including:
- Being your Own Boss - Entrepreneurship-self-employment
- Being Career ready - employment preparation/ job placement
- Being curious to learn more, up-skill - explores further education and training.
- Being a great Youth Leader and Ambassador
INNOV8HQ's network of Mana Rangatahi has an ambition to become a national role model for rangatahi success outcomes, inspired by collaborative relationships and initiatives.
Since it launched in 2020, despite the COVID disruption, we have supported over 80 rangatahi to progress to their desired pathways. This includes a growing alumni and network of tuakana, youth leaders and ambassadors with the support of our partnerships with esteemed community organisations and business leaders around Aotearoa and the world.
What’s different about Mana Rangatahi?
Program facilitation is delivered by in person and online, based on being exposed to real world experiences. We introduce and immerse the participants in real workplace and business experiences, this includes community projects, initiatives and events with local leaders and ambassadors.
An integral part of the success of Mana Rangatahi for leadership development is based on applying a tuakana-teina (older sibling - younger sibling) teacher/learning model designed by youth for youth.
This has driven the desire to co-design a community event themed Journeys of Influence, where our rangatahi, youth can gain exposure to peers and intergenerational leaders doing inspiring mahi, work.
It all starts on home turf and we are delighted to tautoko, support and champion the launch of this youth event and our 2021 event has now launched and our schedule for speaker sessions can be accessed via our INNOV8HQ Facebook page or our Humanitix events schedule (search INNOV8HQ).
If you missed the sessions, here is a running schedule of the speaker segments, you can click on to watch and listen:
- Session 1: Ngāti Gaming, Revitalisation of Te reo Māori, interview with Taikawa Tamati-Elliffe
- Session 2: Co-designing future schools and education with rangatahi, for rangatahi with Phillipa Dick, Missy Parata and Rachelle Moors
- Session 3: Ōtepoti Boxing - introducing Co-Founder Chase Reihana Haley
- Session 4: Digital Human Live Demo, introducing Jeasy Seghal Founder Graphic Monk
- Session 5: Indigenous Storytelling through Gamification. Introducing Lisa Blakie, Co-Founder Atawhai Interactive
- Session 6: Creative kōrero with Founder of Rā Designs and one of Aotearoa's top graphic designers Thomas Te Whaiti Henry.
- Session 7: Inspiring kōrero with Team Awhi App Founders, Debs Hancock and Seda Naden as they share their passion for their app where you can share your daily reflections (highs and lows) that supports our journey through mental health as an Alternative Wellbeing Health Indicator.
If you would like to learn more about our programme or meet one of rangatahi leaders, please feel free to email: [email protected]
Ngā mihi nui kia koutou. Special thanks to you all on behalf of the INNOV8HQ whānau and rangatahi teams for supporting our kaupapa, mission.
If you'd love to know more, call us on 03 399 2222 or click here
Or for a downloadable brochure, click here
"Dont let anyone tell you that you can't do something, because you can and you will". Heidi Renata