Journeys of Influence
Our People, Our Stories
As Tūpuna, ancestors of tomorrow - what message or legacy do you wish to leave future generations".
The Mana series for Journeys of Influence is all about exposing our communities to people doing amazing things around their towns, cities, countries and globally.
We are delighted to share our range of guest speakers from around the world who have shared their stories to inspire hope and aspirations to follow your heart on all that you do.
It all starts on home turf and we are delighted to tautoko, support and champion the launch of this youth event and our 2021 event has now launched and our schedule for speaker sessions can be accessed via our INNOV8HQ Facebook page or our Humanitix events schedule (search INNOV8HQ).
If you miss any of our live sessions, we have a schedule of recordings below, in addition to being able to follow up and watch and register via INNOV8HQ Facebook page or our Humanitix events schedule (search INNOV8HQ).
- Session 1: Ngāti Gaming, Revitalisation of Te reo Māori, interview with Taikawa Tamati-Elliffe
- Session 2: Co-designing future schools and education with rangatahi, for rangatahi with Phillipa Dick, Missy Parata and Rachelle Moors
- Session 3: Ōtepoti Boxing - introducing Co-Founder Chase Reihana Haley
- Session 4: Digital Human Live Demo, introducing Jeasy Seghal Founder Graphic Monk
- Session 5: Indigenous Storytelling through Gamification. Introducing Lisa Blakie, Co-Founder Atawhai Interactive
- Session 6: Creative kōrero with Founder of Rā Designs and one of Aotearoa's top graphic designers Thomas Te Whaiti Henry.
- Session 7: Inspiring kōrero with Team Awhi App Founders, Debs Hancock and Seda Naden as they share their passion for their app where you can share your daily reflections (highs and lows) that supports our journey through mental health as an Alternative Wellbeing Health Indicator.
- Session 8: Rainbow Rangatahi - Haley Xavier, Rainbow, Climate and Ethnic Communities Advocate shares her story with us on her mission as a 17 year to build identity for future generations. Link to watch here
- Session 9: 7:30 Studios share their desire and dreams to open Ōtepoti's first creative co-working space, with marketing at the heart of all that they do. Click on this link to watch and listen.
- Session 10: Beautiful kōrero with Atawhai Te Hau and Lyn Rodeka from the NZ Blood Service and what being a donor means for the many lives of New Zealand.
If you would like to share your stories with us, click on the following link to express interest email
Ngā mihi nui kia koutou. Special thanks to you all on behalf of the INNOV8HQ whānau and rangatahi teams for sharing your stories that support our kaupapa, mission.
If you'd love to know more on our mahi, work, call us on 03 399 2222 or click here
Or for a downloadable brochure, click here
Nā tō rourou, nā taku rourou ka ora ai te iwi. With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.